- A week ago, on Tuesday, the Sejm elected four new candidates to the neoKRS, who will replace PiS MPs in this body.
- The following people joined the Council: Kamila Gasiuk-Pihowicz and Robert Kropiwnicki from KO, Tomasz Zimoch from Trzecia Droga and Anna Maria Żukowska from Nowa Lewica
- — These fifteen illegally sitting judges in the neo-National Council of the Judiciary, who were elected to the Council by PiS politicians contrary to the constitution, must be assessed from a legal point of view. So that it can be loudly heard that their decisions on judicial promotions are illegal and absolutely flawed – says KO MP Dr. Robert Kropiwnicki, who will appear at the Council meeting for the first time, to Onet
- His club friend Kamila Gasiuk-Pihowicz, also elected to the Council, wrote on Twitter on Monday (today X) that “the illegal 15 (judges in the neo-KRS – ed.) will remember this meeting for a long time”
The neo-KRS meeting is scheduled to last from Tuesday to Friday. The members of the Council will be responsible for, among other things, selecting candidates for the Supreme Administrative Court, which is largely controlled by the nominees of the politically appointed Council.
For the first time, the meeting will be attended by MPs elected last Tuesday by representatives of the parties with a majority in the Sejm that will soon form the government, i.e. KO, Third Way and New Left. They replaced PiS politicians elected by the outgoing government, whose term in the Council ended after the elections.
– The most important thing for me will be to speak for the record so that there is written proof that we – representatives of democratic parties that respect the rule of law – clearly say during the meetings of the neo-KRS that its nominations are defective and inconsistent with the constitution – KO MP Dr. Robert Kropiwnicki tells Onet . – This must be made loud and in writing after every meeting of this illegal Council. And this must also reach those who take part in competitions before the neo-KRS and are eager for new functions in the judiciary. They need to hear from us loud and clear that they are participating in an illegal procedure. This is our minimum plan, emphasizes the KO MP.
— These fifteen judges in the neo-National Council of the Judiciary must be assessed from the legal perspective at each meeting. So that it would be loudly heard that their decisions on judicial promotions are illegal and absolutely flawed – notes Kropiwnicki. — In the opinion of legal authorities, the judicial community should elect the 15 judicial members of the National Council of the Judiciary, not politicians in the Sejm. Because the constitution clearly states that the only role of politicians in shaping the Council is to elect four deputies and two senators, and no one else, emphasizes Dr. Kropiwnicki.
His club friend Kamila Gasiuk-Pihowicz, also elected to the Council, wrote on Twitter on Monday (today X) that “the illegal 15 (judges in the neo-KRS-ed.) will remember this meeting for a long time”
Continuation of the material below the video-
The KO MP points out that the politicians of the new Sejm majority are seriously considering the scenario of dismissing the judges-members of the neoKRS selected by PiS by a resolution of the Sejm. PiS appointed them in the same way when it interrupted the term of office of the legal Council. – This scenario with a resolution of the Sejm is one of many ideas among many others that we are considering – he says. — And what will happen to the neo-National Council of the Judiciary and its further fate will largely depend on the new Minister of Justice.
MP Kropiwnicki did not reveal who will take over this position. Currently, the strongest candidates on the “name exchange” are the former Ombudsman, prof. Adam Bodnar and the head of the KO club, Borys Budka.